Monday, June 7, 2021

Savoring Your Abundant Life

 My husband paid the most beautiful tribute to me on my 54th birthday - acknowledging how it's not always been easy being married to a firefighter but how much he loves and appreciates all that I do for him and our family - how much he loves me.  Today I walked past our rose bushes and stopped.  Their beauty was truly beyond measure and their fragrance completely intoxicating.  As I took a deeper look into the beauty of the roses, I recounted the day we planted those bushes.  Much like a life.  We plant a house, we plant a family, we plant hope for our marriage and we plant a vision for our life together. Today those roses made me stop and admire my life, my family and my marriage.  These were our roses.  We intentionally planted them.  Roses are like life - beautiful and thorny!  To get those beautiful roses to bloom, you've got to cut back and cut off what no longer grows, what no longer brings life.  And then you wait, after pruning, for the blooms.  Ah, you think, I'm glad we worked through that and got through that.  Look what we have now!  Life is a rose, is a rose is a rose!  So are our relationships.  We've been married nearly 27 years and we are in love.  It takes work getting there and those thorns can really tear you apart, but the roses will come and they are splendid. XOXO


No comments:

Post a Comment