Thursday, October 19, 2017

So You Married a Firefighter?

Hi there!  I am so happy to finally get my blog started before publishing my book, How to Stay Happily Married to a Firefighter. My book is how to stay happily married, because for me, this was not always the case.  Once upon a time I was a very reluctant firefighter wife and when my hubby decided to become one at the ripe old age of 35, I seriously thought he'd lost his ever lovin' mind.  Being married to a firefighter was never on my list of dreams and goals.  In fact, I was super happy the way my husband and I were before he decided to become a firefighter.  I had lots of freedom to pursue all my passions, my career dreams, you name it.  When my husband decided to become a firefighter, I seriously saw my life flash before my very eyes.  I felt lost, lonely, resentful, unfulfilled, and pissed off at having to put my career and dreams on hold.  So while I was really disappointed at what felt like a huge life change for the both of us, I was able to roll up my sleeves and find ways to help me go from very unhappy and disappointed to happy, proud and fulfilled.  It takes a lot of strength to be a firefighter wife, but you know what?  We are actually stronger than most people we know which is why, you are going to rock out your marriage and your life.  I am really looking forward to writing about my own personal experiences of being married to a firefighter and being a firefighter's wife.  I have such a heart for my firefighter wife sisters and I am hoping that my honesty about how hard I found it won't make you feel so alone.  My main goal for all of this, my blog and my book is to reach those women who have felt just like me and to give you hope and inspire you to have an amazing marriage with your guy.  I am here to encourage you and to help you also find a really great life of your own.  Being married to a firefighter can be very consuming so I want you to also remember how much you matter.  My experiences have gone from being really disillusioned with our marriage vision and life plan, to finding my purpose and joy in being part of this very special battalion.  I am here for you sister and it is my hope that you will find yourself in my blog and that I can be a support so that you can see what is possible.  I will share with you all that I've learned along the way.  If I can go from reluctant to so proud and happy, I know you will too.  Get ready to love your life, your marriage and your future.  All my love.  T  XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment